RoboCV’s mission is creating autonomous mobile robotic systems for a wide variety of high frequency repeatable tasks of intra-warehouse and distribution centers logistics.
Our ultimate goal is creating cloud platforms, receiving and processing variety of inputs, integrating robotics, existing vehicles, personnel , sensors, data into smart optimizer for logistic tasks in value-add layers over existing WMS, ERP, e-commerce, asset visibility and FM.
The first product platform, unique X-MOTION NG system, developed by our company and tested in various scenarios by major global companies (Samsung, Volkswagen, FM Logistic, top 10 Retailers) allows cost-effective automation of the shipping of pallet goods.
RoboCV team has unique competencies in computer and machine vision, optimization and routing, business processes and logistics optimization, motion controls, algorithms, mobile robotics, firmware, IoT Cloud, AR/VR, Voice biometrics, Machine learning, liars and RF/MW. We have PhDs from elite physics, math and economics institutions who worked for CERN, NASA/JSA/ESA.
There is a secret sauce and elements that are critically important to our success,ambition and vision. They include:
- An excellent understanding of needs and drivers of customers, partners and fluid grasp of the relevancy to their use cases and strategies. In its 3-year history, our company has completed several industrial projects with such demanding and knowledgeable clients as Samsung and Volkswagen, FM Logistic. This wealth of experience has given us a deep understanding of what an elegant solution completely tailored to the end customer should look like.
- World-class technological competence in key areas of automated movement: navigation, data aggregation, computer vision, optimal control, human-machine interactions, autonomous driving and complex material handling in dynamic fluidly changing structured conditions.
- Our research team has more than 20 people, including both young and ambitious graduates of leading Russian universities, and accomplished PhDs. RoboCV encourages research participation in major international scientific conferences, because we are committed to the paradigm that the cutting-edge world of scientific research can solve advanced technological problems only with close cooperation of parties across the board and open cross-borders and cross-domains collaboration.
- Good financing and “smart money” approach, that allows for the formulation of medium and long-term plans for technological development and creates an advanced logistics and manufacturing base. Our strategic investors are some of the largest Russian and international venture capital funds, and support is also provided by the Skolkovo, RVC, Rosnano, VTB, Kazakhstan Sovereign Wealth fund.
- Our whole staff believes in the sustainability of the company, and we only focus on the most important aspects of how to improve our products.
- We are passionate, ambitious, curious and blend cutting edge frontier concepts with seamless execution.
RoboCV was founded a little more than three years ago, which is very small age by our industry’s standards.During this time, we have grown from a team of four employees sitting in a small room with a prototype, comparable to a guided toy car, to a high-potential company, that boasts world-class technology, unique products, trust of world leading companies, and a clear awareness of our vision and future development roadmaps.
Our goal is to make the automation of logistics and retail processes available on a mass scale. We are confident that this is a worthy goal, that can change the world for the better – so, we can safely say that we are on the right track.
- January 2012 — RoboCV Co. is founded.
- March 2012 — The Company becomes a member of the Skolkovo innovation centre.
- October 2012 — Creation of the demonstration prototype, a four-wheeled platform that moved around the office automatically.
- May 2013 — Formation of the company’s strategy to create autopilot navigation systems for the warehouse industry. USD 500 thousand in investments raised.
- October 2013 — The first automated robot truck prototype.
- December 2013 — The first fleet of intelligent robotic trucks debuted at the Russian Samsung factory.
- September 2014 — A pilot project at the Russian Volkswagen plant and the conclusion of the contract to supply the first group of mobile autonomous robots.
- October 2014 — Creation of the first prototype of an automated pallet truck.
- February 2015 — Round A investment of $3 million.
“RoboCV, a developer of intelligent autopilot systems, received a second round of investments totaling $3 million (…). The fund managed by I2BF GlobalVentures became the anchor investment, being responsible for more than half of the total investment (…). In addition, VTB Capital Investment Management, ColumbusNova, AlmazCapital, and the previous investor LetaCapital also co-financed the company.”
- April 2015 — The first batch of intelligent robotic trucks is introduced at the Russian Volkswagen plant. The project’s main objective is to automate the delivery of vehicle parts from the warehouse to the production line. (Video).
- June 2015 — A successful pilot project to automate order picking for Russia’s largest retailer. This warehouse process is responsible for acquiring the set of products ordered by a retail store for shipment. During the selection process, the WMS system sends information on the warehouse location of the next product in the order both to the robot and the operator / picker. The operator / picker in this case is only responsible for collecting the order, and does not have to waste time driving carts between picking points and replacing the cart after picking is completed. (Video).
- August 2015 — The X-MOTION NG prototype was created and tested at the warehouse of a major Russian 3PL operator.
- September 2015 — Work on the release of X-MOTION NG is in full effect.
- September 2016 — Start of the full scale pilot X-MOTION NG project at the warehouse of a major Russian 3PL operator.
- December 2016 — Deployment of X-MOTION NG system for USA The Recon Group (TRG) company’s branch in St. Petersburg
- March 2017 — RoboCV participated in Volkswagen’s conference “Autonomous driving within inhouse logistics systems” in Wolfsburg, Germany